Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pilot Post

I'm excited to be launching this new blog, especially since it is dedicated to the kitchen! Oh how I love the kitchen! My motives are purely selfish. I have been wanting to have an online recipe book, a place I can access from anywhere, filled with all of my favorite recipes. Recipes I have made myself and know from experience how many stars they are really worth. So, without further adieu, I introduce you to:
"When Take Out Gets Old."

 {This is a recipe I stumbled upon a few years back. It has become a new family favorite, a nice change from the classic muddy buddies Chex mix. Better, if you ask me.}

GOOEY CHEX MIX
Box of Rice Chex
1/2 box (or small box) of Golden Grahams
2 C. Coconut
8 oz. sliced almonds
Small bag of mini marshmallows

1 1/2 C. Sugar
1 1/2 C. Light Karo Syrup
2 Sticks of Butter

Spray 2 large bowls with PAM, then add all the dry ingredients together in the two bowls (2 for easier mixing).

On the stove, melt the butter, Karo, and sugar together. When it comes to a boil, boil for 2 minutes. Pour over the dry mixture and toss until completely incorporated.  After tossing in the bowls, I spread the mixture out across 2 cookie sheets lined with sprayed foil (or wax paper) and use 2 wooden spoons to continue tossing. Allow to dry out for a bit, or serve right away in all of its ooey gooey glory!

So easy.
So addicting.
So fabulous.
 Happy Baking!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment